From Wippies Wiki
Using a web-camera with the Wippies Homebox
You can connect a web-camera to the Homebox. Pictures are saved to your Wippies webspace folder when the camera is connected and activated. You can watch the web-cam picture also from the Wippies PicBox gallery.
- Connect a web-cam to the Homebox USB-port.
- Log-in to https://my.wippies.com/ administration.
- Select Device settings.
- Select Edit.
- From the Misc. Settings section select show.
- To the Isog username section select the webspace name you want the pictures saved to.
- Insert your webspace username to the Isog username field.
- When you want to start taking pictures with the web-cam, click Active to be selected and press Save.
- When you want to stop taking pictures, take off the selection from the Active field and press Save.
- You can change how often a picture will be saved to the webspace, from the Interval between two consecutive images (in seconds) setting field.
- You have to have Wippies G-Lite or Big-G service to activate the WebCam feature. WebCam works only with Homebox, web-cam does not work with Wifibox.
- Homebox will send web-camera picture to the webspace folder webcam always when the WebCam is activated at My.Wippies administration.
- Support for different models of web-cameras is limited, see below.
- Mainly the web-cam support is for cameras which have support in the PWC-driver: PWC-cams